The Devil's Tear

An RPG site for Devil May Cry lovers, currently accepting new members. Please welcome http://devilmay.forumotion.com/u22 to the community.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Quick Links
Many Links, One RolloverStarflower
Allen

Share | 

Things Borrowed

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Things Borrowed   Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:28 pm

He was just coming out of a bank, the street busy with various folks. His eyes shielded from the sun with a pair of stylish shades, his heavy coat swaying as he strolled out. He had just taken out another loan to make a payment for his apartment and shop. It was hard to scrape the money together when work is so slow; his stomach growled and he was still a little cold, as the seasons changed. His heat had gotten shut off. And he was a little anxious as to how he was going to keep himself entertained while staying indoors, out of trouble. Not making any more debt for himself than he already had.

With a cranky growl, he climbed into his clunker car that he used for Out on the Town trips, y'know. The ones where he just wanted to get where he needed to be and back. Parallel-parked on the side of the road, with traffic easing by at a crawl, he tried to start her up.... but the fucking engine wouldn't turn over again. He sat for a second, containing a tantrum, an almost unnoticable eyetic presenting itself in his upper right lid. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

Not usually known for such outbursts, he played it quite cool and got out of his car and rubbed his forehead as he stared down onto this piece of crap. How much would he lose if he would just leave it here and take the bus home?

The devil hunter was chagrined. He had perfectly normal human problems like everyone else. And yet he still couldn't bring himself to ask a perfect stranger to bum a ride. He gave a low growl and delivered a mighty kick to the right right tire and snarled, "Fuck it."

The street continued on and maybe he got a couple weird looks... but he didn't care, because his car was a piece of shit and he was tired of pretending to himself for his own amusement that he had some other car hiding somewhere. Great. "That's it," he sighed. "I want my red convertible back." He sauntered in the direction of his shop - which was an impressive number of blocks away. He felt the raking gaze of other demons slide over him, noticing him and taking stock of the renowned devil hunter. But in this busy plaza, none of them approached him in broad daylight.

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:21 pm

"HELP! THAT MAN STOLE MY PURSE!" A random woman shouted, having been knocked down while a hooded figure ran off across the square. Atlas happened to be here, given the Church was not far off and she was running an errand before hand. She looked up as the man collided with her and knocked her flat on her back. Looking up and raising a brow as he panicked and yanked her up, holding her by her hair with a knife to her throat. Looking from the two cops that had ran after him. "Get back or I'll cut this bitch's throat!" He shouted as the whole square was in a panic, like ants that had a drop of water land near them.

She breathed in slow and need, a calm look on her face as she was yanked backwards. She didn't have her weapons on her given it wasn't that sort of errand she was running. She had dropped the candles she was asked to pick up, and wasn't pleased about it. Looking around a moment as he jerked her further back again. This was annoying, as she leaned back a bit with the movements of the panicking criminal. "You smell." She remarked, glancing over at him. This was when he actually looked at her. Silver hair? Red trench coat? Those cold, gray eyes narrowed on him as she stopped moving along with his movements. The cop to the left speaking calmly, "Just do as he says miss." They were trying to find a way around bloodshed, but the woman reached up and took the man's forearm and clenching her hand.

The snap of bone cracked in the air as a scream soon rang out. Pushing his arm out and kicking backwards, the man flew back and into a mailbox. Knocking it right off its balance, leaving a twitching mess of shattered bones and gurgling shock. The cops jaws dropped as she reached up and adjusted her coat. In her other hand was the stolen purse, handing it by a strap with only her finger before stepping forwards and flicking it towards the cop on her right. Both rushing over as one called for the ambulance. The woman placing her hands in her pockets and starting towards a red and silver Yamaha R1 2011 motorcycle. Glancing around with a serious look on her face, the cops too afraid to go after her.. and as brutal as she hurt that man.. it was self defense and he deserved it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:41 pm

It was the screaming that interrupted his brooding. He looked up from half-pouting and half-scowling. Then squinted at the trademark red coat that he usually wore and smirked. It was his little copy-catter friend, who ran his shop for him once when he disappeared for awhile to do a gig overseas. He quickened his pace and shouted. "Hey! Hey, Atty!" Perhaps one of the few people in the entire world who could call her that truncated nickname. He grinned and jogged up to her. "Hey, long time no see." He leaned against her bike, knowing how much it irked her and yet not caring. He liked to get her riled. Her pretty face all scrunched with annoyance made his day. "What's up? You workin'?"

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:09 pm

It was as if a lock of her hair would stand up in her annoyance at that name. Glancing over her shoulder at the male that jogged over to her location. Taking the keys from her pocket as she looked over at him and perked a eyebrow. Trying to restrain the convulsive twitch of her lower eyelid. She had fixed up his shop, but he just made a mess of it all over again. Having been somewhat M.I.A. for what.. a month? More? Where had she been? She looked him over a bit and tilted her head. "I was just running an errand, but it seems I'll have to go back and get more candles for the church.." She sighed, tilting her head back before placing her hands on her hips. Looking then to him and irking at the fact she just noticed his leaning on her bike. "Hey hey hey! Get your ass off my baby!" She huffed, wrinkling her nose at him. Damnit! He made her do it. She hated doing that..

"What are you doing here in the business district? This area is for people who, you know.. work." She remarked, sassing him with a hand dropping from her waist. Stepping around him and pulling her long hair back into a bun, a clear sign that she was going to mount the bike. "Did you walk here or what?" She asked, tilting her head a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:23 pm

"Why?" He asked her. "I mean... why get off your bike? I need you to drive me back to my shop. My car broke down. In front of the bank. While I was taking out my loan." His cheerfulness faded after each period.. and it was frustrating to him that he had to look so pathetic in front of one of the few girls in this city he'd give the time of day. (one might argue that he had already given much attention the female population already...) He coughed into his fist and looked sheepishly off to the side, avoiding her gaze. "Please?" he added after an awkward silence.

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:43 pm

She raised a brow at him as she looked over his face. Listening to him and slapping her forehead at him. "Really? Another loan? What did I tell you? Just contact me and I'll get you a gig. Jesus Christ, you are such a girl." She remarked. Then lowered her hand, almost giving a scoff, laugh mix at him. "Oh. Last time you were on my bike you almost ruined the suspension…" She eyed him closely, this woman wasn't like the others after all. She wasn't showing off her tits, sporting short skirts, nor was she up in his face flirting, or showing any sexual interest like most would.
He was handsome. But she needed more than a pretty face, though he was likely a good man to match with her. She liked him.. but she wasn't going to let that ruin a good friendship. A smile on her face then as she shook her head then held out the keys. "Fine, but you owe me a drink." She remarked, grinning at him. She was mean to an extent, but it was all in friendly jest and he knew it. If she were actually mad at him, she would clock him a good one. "We might have a gig soon, Priest is digging up signs of another big ol' gate." She smirked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Dante grinned from ear to ear. It was pretty sweet that this woman got him work sometimes. And he appreciated the fact that he work outfit consisted of more than a few scraps of cloth held on by hopes and dreams.

His eyes brightened as he nodded, climbing into the driver's position. He never rode bitch if he could help it. Besides... He could always buy her another bike with another loan. Right? He gave her a small look, icy blues sparkling with harmless mirth. "What? I can drive!" He waved his wallet at her. "I got insurance, too. Trust me." He waited for her to join him. "Tell me about this gig your Priest has. Maybe it'll be my - our - big payday, eh?

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:23 pm

The female eyed him and laughed a bit, shaking her head. She was pretty much clothed head to two, not being the flaunt type of person to begin with. Looking over him and scoffing a bit. He was so kid like sometimes, but he always seemed to draw a smile out of the normally blank faced woman. Moving to sit in the 'bitch' seat, before giving him the keys and slipping her arms around his waist. Leaning herself against him, she felt rather comfortable and not the least bit shy when it came to him.

He basically had become her partner, though it wasn't written in stone. He was a better hunter than she was, but she had more open connections. "It's in Scotland, some people report that a demonic horse like creature is rampaging through a remote region of the country where an old castle is suppose to be.." She remarked calmly, shutting her eyes. "I'm suspecting the Church has already sent out a few guys and they never reported back.. this is in Europe, so it's not just Priest's branch, but THE Church." she remarked, meaning that it was a much larger branch they would be helping out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Dante smirked as she clung to him and informed him of the plot at hand. He always loved those jokers in the robes. Whatever they worshipped had no place on the battlefield he fought on. He wasn't very religious, as one might imagine - fighting demons who regularly slaughtered humans. Where was the One True God in all of that?

The thought of it troubled him and he kind of zoned out for a moment, thinking about things that had happened in the past. His lips curved into a snarl and he shook his head, drawing a rough breath as he drove a little faster to get back to the shop, pick up a few things, and generally pack. "So, we're getting on a plane then, this time? I don't think I ever want to look at another body of water /again/."

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:58 pm

The female had seen both sides of the on going war, and despite not exactly knowing where God was, she knew that Angels did exist, she even had one helping her. Smiling softly as he drove faster, not exactly fearing crashing and dying. Crashing and getting hurt yeah, but not dying. She rested her head down between his shoulders to avoid the wind in her face till stopping back the shop. Laughing at his words and arms crossing. "Oh, it wasn't that bad.." She smirked a bit while resting her hands behind her head. "Well, yeah. We would take forever to get there otherwise. Like over a week just to reach Scotland."
She remarked, then turned to face the male once again. Gray hues a soft shade as she watched him. "We'll be taking a plan, then a bus ride.. fun right?" She lowered her hands to her sides.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 pm

"Yeah. Let's just hope that hours in a cramped tight space on a plane don't make us enemies out of each other." Not that Dante ever whined. About anything. Ever. He could foresee ninety percent of this trip being him, with an arm over his face, sleeping away the boring, dull, dreary hours of necessary travel. He dismounted the bike and sauntered up to his front door. "Let me just grab a change of clothes or two, and my weapons, and we'll be off, okay? I'll bring whatever cash I can dig out of my drawers." He disappeared through the front door, the sway of his coat matching the relaxed swagger he usually undertook. A trip to a country he probably hasn't visited yet? No big. He's read about wonderful, wonderful Scotland. Very wet. Very /cold/. As if he hadn't had enough of that on the stupid fucking ice berg weeks ago, dealing with that bullshit demon messing with their heads...

Not that he didn't mind getting cozy with her in the ship cabin after, warming up. He was glad she couldn't see his face just then as the memory came back, sharp and painful and crystal clear as the cold that had them both shivering their nipples off.

He shook it off. Best not to think about that, especially when there's a job to be done. When he got everything ready, he packed it all up neatly - surprisingly small luggage since he had to bring almost all of his weapons, sans Nevan. She'd have to stay behind. He made sure she had enough blood packets to get her through nuclear winter if she had to survive without him, in case he got held up unnecessarily. As he tucked the final magical locks on her case, he stroked the smooth metallic surface of it. "Be a good girl," he purred, and stood up. "Daddy has to go work now."

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:44 pm

The femme half demon looked over at him with calm gaze as she got off the bike. Placing her own legs down and balancing it as she slid forwards in the seat, leaning forwards on it and watching him move off towards the door. "Don't need money. Got enough to get us there and back, but their paying us when we get the job done, so well have enough." She remarked. She hated when he used his money, as he seemed to have bad luck when it came to it. Resting her bust down just behind the hem of the seat.

Glad indeed she wasn't there, else she might remember just what it was that made him get that look. The bitter cold and her almost being dragged to the sea floor. Though that was all made up for with the warming.. process.. She tilted her head a bit and looked off towards a group of teenage boys who were gawking at the female. Her coat tautly pulled under her, and leather claded leg from hip down to her boots showing her form. She leered at them, as they stared. Babe with boobs on a bike? That was like the three best B's to have together, and one of them took pictures with a cell phone.

She grumbled a bit and rested her head on her palm, Looking towards the door and waiting for her 'partner' to return from inside the shop. It had become a safer city, demon wise. As it was tasked over by two slayers now instead of just Dante and the entourage of women that flocked to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:07 pm

When he came out, he saw the kids snapping pics of the woman. I guess 'take a picture' is taken literally now, eh? He marched right on over to her, seeing that she seemed uncomfortable, and slid his free arm around her waist, bending close and rather intimate; he did it on a whim, a wild frenzy of inspiration. He kissed her on the corner of her mouth and smirked at the boys. /This is mine,/ the actions said. /Quit oglin'./ It wasn't meant to be insulting to her per se. All good intentions. Then again, this could still go very wrong.

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:57 pm

She glanced up as he exited the shop, sitting up slowly and straightening her back. Pausing when he came to lean in and gave the corner of her lips a kiss. Batting her hues softly and raising a brow before a smiled bared itself on her expression. Glancing towards the men who were now gawking at Dante. After a moment or so, they moved on towards the shady part of the district, where Love Planet, the strip bar was. She huffed a bit and nudged at his side lightly before sliding back into the 'bitch' seat of the bike. Supporting the bikes weight and waiting on him. "Let's get out of here before any more pent up males appear from that place." She laughed a bit, reaching up to rub at her white locks in a semi embarrassed manner.

It wasn't feeling threatened with the stares, but being embarrassed by them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Dante nodded in agreement, laughing. "Yeah, I guess we ought to." He secured his luggage somehow on the motorcycle, sliding into the front part. "I have to go slow or I'm going to lose all my stuff." All his stuff. All one backpack and his weapons, which were somehow stored on his body without getting in her way or hurting her, as she needed to be close for the ride. With a belch of burnt tire smoke, the motorcycle was off - "slow" being a relative term. "Direct me to where we ought to go." He didn't know how exactly he felt about the kiss. It was nice.

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:57 am

"The Air port, of course. I expect that you would know where that happens to be, correct?" She asked, looking over his shoulder a bit as she kept pressed moderately tight to him. Not trying to be over baring, but not enough to fall off the bike. Batting her eye lashes softly to the male as she looked to him for a prolonged moment, then allowed her gaze to fall away from him and drift off else where. After a moment, she shifted and laid her cheek against his shoulder blade, avoiding the scabbard of his blade of course, which was pressed some what between her breasts and held against his back between her torso and his own. Hues falling to a half lid to observe everything that zipped by before shutting her eyes lightly.

She considered him first and foremost, her friend. She didn't have many, due to her withdrawn nature, and unwillingness to put others in the path of danger by talking to anyone for a period of time. Attachment made them potential targets for 'hits' by anyone not on her side. Though Dante was different. She believed in his ability to handle himself..in all ways but financing of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 am

The world zipped by. Familiar sites, places he's visited. He was leaving them behind - because Atlas needed his help. He wasn't normally so nostalgic. But he liked to think he was coming back... even if he had to prepare himself every day that he might just not come back at all.

That was the thrill, though, wasn't it? Risking his life was just another factor in his life... but it was probably the most exciting. Because he always wondered what would happen to him. Would he die and just vanish into the depths of Hell like all the sick souls?

Would his old man be proud if he went down like that?

Did Dante even care?

He snorted. Hell, no.

As he drove, he sped up, but not quite as much since he was burdened with a passenger and a little bit of luggage. So far away.... he'd hate to think he might discover he got airsick. Ironic.

As the airport swerved into view, he pulled into the enormous parking area, where people's cars were covered with dust and snow and whatever else as they vacationed elsewhere. Good thing, too - this town was not for the faint of heart. A warmer clime might be nice right about now, he thought... when was the last time he went hunting devils in the Bahamas? Why couldn't it be sun, surf, and kicking Demon ass?

"Hey," he said, as he climbed off the bike, unfastening the luggage. "Next time," he looked at her. "We're going to kill Demons in the Caribbean. Got it?" He sounded serious.

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:15 pm

A small stretch was given from the female as they pulled into the parking lot. Not often did she think about where they went to hunt, or if she had come back. She had her share of battles where it seemed bleak. Well, her whole life was pretty much bleak. Though there was this certain red smear in it that gave her some color to look forwards to. Perking her attention towards him and stepping off the bike, looking at him while stretching her arms in front of her self and arching her back till it popped.

"Do I look like I would last ten minutes in the sun?" She remarked, though it was playful more than a complaint. She was your normal snow white type.. well.. not normal. Most would kill to see her in a bikini.. though finding a top that fit was more challenging to her than fighting most demons. But that was aside from the point. Smiling to him and shaking her head, she collected her bag and tossed the keys to a parking attendant. Eyeing the male as he gawked at the bike, before starting to walk towards the terminals. Collecting their tickets, they were lead to the plane out on the runway. With all their weapons, they couldn't be taken the normal route after all.

Handing him his ticket, she started up the stairwell and into the plane. Of course it belong to the Church she ran with, and their connections, so it was very nice. Moving to sit into a white leather seat after placing her bags down, she stretched a bit. "Maybe if we do a good enough job they'll send us to the Caribbean for free, eh?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:21 am

Dante followed her, looking around. He wasn't used to airports. Usually, if he couldn't drive or walk there, he had taken magic demonic portals that shunted him across thousands of miles from Point A to Point B. Flying just seemed less mundane, ironically, than being thrust through time and space to places far gone. He was curious about the snack kiosks, but Church was waiting for them, and as the smell of hot freshly-baked pretzels vanished to the stiff breeze on the Runway, he said, "Seriously, I hope there's food on this flight, too." He smirked; of course he was imagining her in a bikini. Why wouldn't he? He had a powerful enough imagination. And there was this ONE demon chick he knew once, that looked absolutely smashing...

Ah, but then they were boarding the plane. He didn't like enclosed spaces altogether too much.... but he was all right. He took a window seat, tossing his weapons into the space in front of his legs, hoping there was enough room to get up and pee if he had to. "...Caribbean... Yeah, that sounds good."

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Atlas never really ate that much, something that Priest often got on her about. Actually, Dante hadn't ever seen her eat, or drink, once. Despite having traveled with him before hand. Most might think zombie or vampire, but she had been out in the day light. Certainly she did not sparkle, or seem uncomfortable. "Of course there is food on the plane.." She remarked with a shake of her head, moving to buckle the seat belt while the flight attendant walked up the isle from the back.

Flicking on the fasten seatbelt sign, the door they had come into the plane through was shut and sealed. The area they had to go to now likely had a portal near it, though it wouldn't allow them to come out there. With these type of demons popping out, it sent out something like shock waves, which in turn broke the portals. Turning her gaze towards him and smiling a bit, "I'm sure once we're in the air, they won't let you starve." She teased, crossing her legs as they would prepare to take off. Shaking her head a bit at his Caribbean comment, "I'm sure if you had to go through for work, it wouldn't be so much fun.." She remarked.

Going through the heat and moisture to track down demons, who were unlikely to be on the beach and instead likely in some God forsaken jungle.. full of biting insects and other various things of annoyance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:10 pm

The pale-headed man chuckled as he got comfortable, latching on his seat belt even if he felt like he was a little more trapped than safe. The freedom of the air was dulled when you had to enjoy it stuck in a tin can propelled with flammable liquid through the open air, ready to plummet to the earth in a fiery explosion. It's not like Dante was afraid of dying. It would hurt real bad, for sure; he knew a lot of things could kill him and he was only mildly curious if a horrific crash was one of them.

The quietude of the flight was what lulled him to sleep; he would wake up and have maybe a snack or something, but for the moment he leaned his head to the side and relaxed his face, and for a second he truly looked ordinary and without a care in the world. In the event that he started to get too comfortable, that pale head leaned on her shoulder - which seemed to please him even more, even in his slumber, with the slightest of smiles on his face.

But the peace wouldn't last for long. The flight could only go on for as long as it should. Or maybe even shorter, depending--

It seemed fate was made up its mind; the plane was just now coming into land, and Dante stirred as the general commotion of landing quietly made the staff bustle about, alive with preparation. They seemed calm, knowing what to do, completely at ease. He pressed a hand to his guns, hooking them to the holsters once more. The runway awaited-- it was cold here, and he already felt the shiver of the local weather driving into his bones. Fuck, he hated being cold.

Maybe he should have brought an extra sweater. He could withstand the cold; didn't mean he liked it at all.

As they disembarked, a shudder rumbled through the earth and indeed, through the very fabric of the air. Dante's awareness twitched into high-alert, his ice blue eyes focusing on a distant point before the danger suddenly was upon them - a shattering of realities as demons came forth, piling on top of the plane and skittering over the wings, directly toward them.

"Guess the fun's ready to meet us," he muttered, and before the engines had even cooled he drew his sword and strolled to the middle of the runway. Large, plane-sized demons hovered in the air - this was a huge disruption, a massive undertaking. The demons swooped, the size of monstrous birds of legend.

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Atlas was used to flying around, actually… she had lived in Europe a few years, working in Italy under the most… dense side of the Church till she returned to Limbo City. She had to get a art degree somewhere right? Looking over towards the pale haired male, as he fell asleep like a rock through fresh snow. Slender brows focused on him a long moment before shutting her eyes lightly, head turned away. Only when she felt him move to rest his head against her did a small smile crack on her otherwise statue like face. Pale lips curled just a tad at the corner of her mouth, opening gray eyes to look back at him. It was on the shoulder that had been damaged before she met him, her mind rolling back to how much he had helped her already. Feeling bad for dragging him along.. though she supposed he would get bored without her offered jobs, and he got paid for it as well. Maybe it wasn’t as bad as she thought it might be.
Gaze focused on him before looking away. It was a few hours flight, and it would allow him time to get some much needed rest, more than likely. Gazing down at a journal she commonly would write her endeavors in for Priest to document in the books later. Bobbing her ankle lightly while the plane began it’s decent. Looking up when she noticed the light flick on to buckle in. Turning her head to gaze over at him and considered waking him up. Though the movement of the staff seemed to do the job just find and dandy. “Morning..” She spoke in a prying tone, sitting back as the plane landed on the runway and began to slow down to a stop once it maneuvered away off the main strip. Standing up and placing on her weapons, gun and blade, looking back towards him a moment before moving away and stepping off the plane.
It wasn’t long till that familiar stink filled the air, turning and looking at the bad boys on the plane. “My.. a welcoming party.. and they didn’t even bring gift baskets!” She grinned, unhooking her blade from its scabbard before moving to protect the plane. Jumping up onto the wing while those inside closed the cabin. Soon there was a blood bath.. or sand bath, since demons burst into piles of cat litter when they died. She found this annoying as hell, due to back when she was damaged she would be sneezing to high heaven during and after battles with all the demon bust in the air. Sand rolling on one of the wings while Atlas stood at the top on the plane, sniper trained on the demons in the air that were swarming around Dante for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:57 pm

"I was half-expecting--" Dante said out loud with a grin, as his massive Rebellion swung, cracking apart a demon and shattering its body on the ground, "--those flower necklaces, and beautiful girls wearing nothing but coconut bras and grass skirts--" A second demon crashed; it had gotten too close that time, almost took off Dante's ear with its wide-swinging whip-scythe. He reared his head back and back-flipped, landing on top of a demon Atlas had felled with a blow of her own. Above, the monstrous plane-sized demons were reeling and screaming in their garbled language that almost made one nauseated to hear. Luckily for Dante, he could withstand it and almost make out the strange words.

One of the large demons crashed onto the asphalt, crushing its fellow. Dante wasted no time rushing up to it, running alongside it and using Rebellion to completely and utterly gut it like an enormous flying fish. In the end, all the demons had fallen - their detritus, dust, and sometimes organs bleeding like flesh, strewn across the asphalt. In the chilled air, Dante's breath plumed as he caught it, strolling to collect his baggage at last. "I'm sweatin'... Can we get a bite to eat? I slept the whole time."

Indeed, as if nothing at all had happened.

Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Atlas kept the demons away from the plane and the civilians inside of it. Her sharp senses allowing her to keep up with the numbers, while providing Dante cover with her gun from afar. Leering out towards the large demons before turning attention back towards the smaller demons that scampered around the plane. Jumping down when the larger demons were downed by the veteran hunter. Atlas picking off the rest before knocking on the side of the plane. The staff opened the step down door and helped bring down the luggage for them.

Atlas leaned down and picked up her back pack. She didn't often carry around tons of clothing and such, only a change of clothing since the last time they went on a mission. Damn.. why was it always so damn cold?! She sighed deeply, looking off before perking at his words. "Food…? I guess that sounds pretty good..scottish food.. this should be interesting.." She grinned a bit towards him, the cold air prickling her flesh up before shivering and rolling her shoulders. Stepping off the run way and walking towards the airport tower. It was small to say the least, but their ride was waiting there for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 am

The remainder of the trip was abnormally quiet - as if they had scared off the demons for the moment, driven them to their living hidey-holes until they felt the courage to emerge once again. After all, he and Atlas were here to work, and no demon would go unpunished. Certainly not because he had chosen to spare them. But few demons ran away - the fear of their masters was greater than the fear of pain. Because demonic masters could dish out something are more terrible.

Dante slid his hands into his pockets, a cockiness in his stride that belied his worry. He was a little scared of this trip. He'd never been this far away from home before, aside from that giant ice cube in the sea. He just felt... like an unwanted alien trespassing on foreign soil. In more ways than one, really.

After a quick bite to eat, he stopped and looked toward Atlas. "So, where to next?" His anxiety was hidden well except for the twitchy bounce of his foot.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Borrowed   

Back to top Go down

Things Borrowed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next